Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Rampant unproofred blog follows

Skiing on the mountains of Austria on Tuesday was the ducks nuts. One of my Juniper buddies, Hannes Viertel, myself and some other dudes travelled to the Hinter Tux. This is a ski field with an elevation of 3200 metres at its highest point, which was obvious when you took a trip to the top - you were practically blown off the mountain from the wind, then put in cryogenics as you aligned yourself in to a suitable landing configuration. The rest of the group, bar one were all snow boarders, and it was clear I was the spring chicken out of us, since I didn't have a matching team jersey.

On the way up to the top of the mountain, I met a young Dutch girl named Yayeri, who was also a keen skiier and will be henceforth named the ski bunny of the day. We decided to blast down the slopes separate to the group, since it slow going for the boarders, even though it was just a matter of aiming down and saying a prayer for Allah.

At the end of the crystal clear day, we had exchanged phone numbers and parted on our various ways - me back to Munich with Hannes and her to say in the area to be a ski instructor for four months. I was origionally planning to stay the extra day in Munich and have a look around the area, but I decided to head back that evening with Michael from DT, to arrive blearey eyed and tired at 1am to Frankfurt main station. Being a true European, he was a smoker so we sat in the smokers train car - I felt like a true nicotine junkie and was sure I'd only be living to see my next five birthdays before I would have to get half my lung cut out from cancer and discover it was a mis-diagnosis anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home