Thursday, December 30, 2004

Chris on train, donate money now.

So as you should be able to tell by now, travelling on the train gives me plenty of time to catch up with some scribing duties. This week had a couple or two things on the go, which are worthy of mention. Tosca was playing at the Oper Frankfurt on Monday night, so I was looking forward to zoning out to something completely different for 2 and a half hours. It was definitely worth paying the 45 euros to go and see. I'm sure I recognised one of the guys performing in Toscar from a couple of weeks ago (someone from Japan sining in Italian), so I was half expecting to hear him mixing up one a chirpy cantata from the historical almost-comedy opera from a couple of weeks ago right when the news broke out of a main character's suicide. I promise not to write a sentence that long again.

I had to work this week, and till reasonably late, so that was a big of a drag, but at least I got a bunch of stuff done. I also booked myself a return ticket with Ryan Air to Oslo in February for 45 Euro. This is to see Andrea Bocelli - couldn't find a closer performance of his - should be awesome spending the weekend in Norway. The lady on the phone who took my booking for the concert ticket was asking about ticket prices in denominations of 100, which made my credit card quiver at the thought. I was half expecting to hear some moose or reindeer lowing in the background while I was giving across my details. I spose it's not as informal as Canada with its local wildlife/pets.

Before I degenerate myself further in to a senseless mess, I'll leave you safe in the knowledge that this weekend I'll be greeting in the new year in Amsterdam, eating plenty of frites with mayo and doing....tolerant... things, that only the Dutch know how to do.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site Hellcheese, I found to be very interesting. When I was searching for Amvet yours was the most eyecatching. While working on my site Amvet I have been seeking ways to make it better and found yours to be helpful. Thanks!

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site Hellcheese, I found to be very interesting. When I was searching for Abvi yours was the most eyecatching. While working on my site Abvi I have been seeking ways to make it better and found yours to be helpful. Thanks!

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home