Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Links zwo, links zwo. Schnell!

One of the rare times I have an update to make about goings on in the week, I went to see Sideways at the movies one weeknight. It's starring a couple of well-ish known actors (I'll fill this spot in when I get back home after landing) but I'm shitted if I know why it's been nominated for 5 ocar awards. It's a linear plot about a couple of dude mates who leave home to go on a stag do (there are just the two of them). They get in to some mischef while they're away (both finding shag buddies), but that's about it. It's relatively predictible and I struggle to see how the two of them have maintained their friendship for so many years (or how the impression was so given) since they're two vastly different types of people. One is a loud extravert confident happy-go-lucky type, and the other is a life drop-out on depressants who has the balls and confidence of a unich.

The next weekend (relative to the blog) Sargent Doctor Laine Cousins came over to stay for the weekend. She is/was in the Army band with me in Wellington and is working in University Mainz on curing cancer. It was her last two weeks in Germany and I had stayed over in Mainz twice, so it was time for her to come over. Being a single girl in a smallish German principality in Hessen (the word doesn't fit, but sounded cool so I thought I would use it) doesn't give someone much of an opportunity to go out for nights on the waste. So by the end of the night, we had done the rounds at several bars all around Frankfurt, beginning at 5.30pm and ending at some unknown time in the morning. On the way home, we decided to stop off at the local dairy and grab some supplies - a bottle wine, two bottles of beer and a cork opener. All for only 10 euro - it's the cheapest pokey corner dairy in Frankfurt, I'm sure. Once again, Billy Connolly was the fixture in the house for the end of the night. Laine said she had only been out for a bender four times in Germany, and three of them were with me. Kiwis unite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home