Friday, May 13, 2005

Check out Triki's new beats

I am a few decades late with this one, but J.J. Cale is one of the few artists that I've bought the album and have been listening to non stop since the minute I downloaded it from iTunes. J.J. Cale is where Eric Clapton got his inspiration, nay his sheet music for many of his songs. Cocaine? J.J. did it first. It's pretty laid back business. Cool stuff.

Just bought some Underworld as well. That's also some pretty mean stuff. I always start listening to stuff years after the music goes through its bell curve of popularity. The exception to this was Tool. I remember I was the first dude at school with a tape of Tool at least a year before everyone else started listening to them. Their concert in Auckland was my first concert I went to - quite surprising I got permission to leave the Fort Knox of boarding school on a Thursday night to bus up.

Johnny Cash has also been getting some otolith time. The lyrics aren't sold on me, but then neither are almost 100% of the songs I listen. Most of the lyrics I can't hear, but it's the singer's voice and the melody that captivates me. The exception of this is 2D2F by Erland Oye and it doesn't take much Google empowerment to figure out why.

More on ye old horizon is a new Royksopp album that will be released in June - hanging out big time. I'm also hanging out for a music festival in Denmark on 30th-3rd July - 180 euro. The lineup is incredible and just getting wet thinking about it. More details to come.

Still in London and was supposed to head to Jordan tomorrow, but things fell to bits at the last minute. It sounds like I'll be down there later next week. This weekend should be some carnage in London seeing if it really lives up to its reputation of the night life capital of Europe.

An aside for those of you with nothing better to do today and that's to notice how many subject pronouns (personal and impersonal) are missing from lots of emails and blogs these days. _ expect they're getting to the stage they're going to become largely redudant since you can implicitly obtain the pronoun from the context.

Sometimes can't always miss it out, but will see if can pull through without any subject pronouns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home