Friday, November 12, 2004

Long time no write

I know that unless I write, the wrath of fate will come to haunt me and ask where I've been over the last couple of weeks, and requests for repatriation of my possessions due to my supposed passing-on will ensure.

So, in a nutshell, it's BAU. Last weekend, Lana arrived from Wellington after a 30-something hour flight from Wellington via the states. I certainly felt the extra "benefit" of being able to carry 82Kgs if one transits via the US as opposed to transiting through asia (20Kg). It certainly was heavy. Paris was really nice, but as one of my German workmates (whom I've been sitting next to for the last five weeks but still don't know this name) hurredly pointed out that it is a bit dirty. Regardless, I still found my trip to Paris a great experience. The overnight train was interesting - it took seven hours to travel from the 'furt to Paris due to all the stops. I chatted toa fellow trainster dude who was an on an internship in Germany and commutes between Paris and Karlsruhe every week. He was well spoken and worked in the IT industry (which confused me as to his pleasantness even more ;) and looked as though he should be rapping with Grinspoon on a music video. I'm not sure about the tattoos, but he had the build and goatee for it.

I'm still living in Stay and Learn hostel in charming Bahnhofviertel. It always raises an eyebrow when I explain to people where I live. Still, it's not too bad and very convenient to a major transportation hub. It's almost like the Australian film: The Castle - living right next to the airport, although what makes is better, we have drugs from every class that can match the alphabet letter for letter.

As for my anticipations of heading to Strasbourg and Belgium a few weeks ago, they didn't happen. This will come as no surprise to those of you who have even had a passing aquaintance with me. I blame it on the lack of money at the time. Discovering Ryan Air's airfares for 25 euro one way to Latvia from Frankfurt looks like the go in the next couple of weeks. Probably not this weekend as the two of us will be moving in to the apartment this weekend (touch wood).

As for work, I have no idea how long I'll be in Frankfurt/Darmstadt for. Perhaps it'll be for another month and a half, or perhaps it'll be for a few more months on top of that - hard to say at this stage. Either way, I'll be happy to stay for that long - getting in to some semblance of a routine as helped get settled, or at least get used to the place. Even without a routine, I think that I can tolerate the moving around Europe from month to month.

I hope to be back in New Zealand for about three weeks after I've finished with this current project to finish off my whirlygig licence and hopefully make some inroads to the completion on my stiff wing license. Rock on!

Kia toa.

1 Comments:

Blogger EvokeNZ said...

82kgs. Kwatsch!

It was 42 all up when I put it on the weighing machine at the airport.

But I do so love your ability to exxagerate :)

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home